Saturday, November 17, 2018

Welcome to my Kitchen - "Drunken Chicken"


Welcome to my Kitchen.  It is small and cozy.  I haven't posted here since 2012.  The other day I turned 53 and I have gained a bit of weight and I am determined to get rid of it once and for all.

How do I do that?  Turn my kitchen into a creative space - one that will inspire me to paint what I create, write poetry about, maybe inspire a quilt design or two ...  who knows.

My end goal with this blog is to create a means to inspire me to stay on track with healthy eating and exercising.  A large part of who we are is what we eat... fresh produce and good old fashioned slicing and dicing with a favorite sharp knife (although I have been eyeing some pretty nifty food processors - stay tuned) is the first course of action.  I'm determined to stay stay away from processed foods.

I love hand-spun pottery and white pitchers.  The flowers are from the grocery store and I think they are gorgeous. 

Below is a recipe for beer can chicken.  I don't eat as much meat as I used to, but I got to wondering if I could make my own rotisserie chicken (you know how we pick up the "quick dinner" every once in a while at the grocery store?)

I did buy a very expensive local farm whole chicken (organic feed, etc) and I don't know if it is the recipe or the fresh chicken or both, but this recipe was amazing - way better than store bought and I 'd like to think healthier as I controlled the salt.  I almost always omit or decrease the amount of salt in a recipe. 

The pottery baking dish is called a "Texas Beer Butt" or "Drunken Chicken" which the butt of the chicken is sitting on and the beer was poured into the center.  I purchased mine locally, but you can find one HERE



Here is the recipe:

from Joe Cooks  HERE   It is on her Pinterest page.   I print out all my Pinterest recipes just in case the originator ever takes the page down.   If you can't get to the link let me know and I will happily email you a copy of this recipe. 

Let me know if you try this recipe.  Happy Cooking. 

2 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. I have a lot of amazing recipes and it will be fun to share and also to see how the inspire me with poetry and quilting - colors, themes. We will see ;)

      Delete